As a parent, you have to take care of yourself. If we let our own problems get out of control, then we won’t be much good to our kids.
When you have problems with alcohol, drugs or depression or just get stressed out, there’s help available. If you lose your job, you can get financial support to pay the bills and keep food on the table. You can get job training and help finding a new job.
Your family is depending on you, so if you need help, reach out and ask for it.
I'VE GOTTEN HELP BY:
- “I talked to someone I knew in the neighborhood who was going through what I was going through. They gave me all the information and helped me navigate the system.”
- “Sharing what I know—I’ve learned I’m a pretty good resource myself!”
- ”Using the Family Yellow Pages I got at my church.”
- ”Going to my family support center. They’re connected to all the services families need.”
- “Using trusted Web sites to get resources and information.”